CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Getting to "Guest" a lot these days!

Well friends, I have to be honest, I'm feeling pretty good about myself lately.

Last week, I was a "guest book reviewer" on my friend Beth's blog (I reposted my review of Henri Nouwen's book Life of the Beloved on Tiff's Life, but I wrote it originally for her site). Soon I will be a "guest movie reviewer" on my friend Kevin's movie site, and today I became a "guest tributer" on that same site (http://wheresmyhockeymask.blogspot.com/)*

Not only THAT, but yesterday I was a guest at the taping of Ellen and she even gave me a free gift! LOL! Well, I guess it could be important to point out that it wasn't like I was a "Guest" - you know, sitting and chatting with Ellen, but I did get to sit in the studio, dance, and laugh; and I did get a free "Shake It" Weight from Ellen.

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll be a guest at the Bonnie Hunt show and on Sunday a guest at the Emmy's. Now again, I'll mostly be a spectator, but I have to say - I'm feeling pretty special!

In my line of work, you only get to be a guest writer or commentator once you've become an expert in your field. Then they start saying things like, "Will you be the guest editor of this edition of the Journal of College XYZ?"

So thanks to everyone for letting me be a guest! I guess I've finally "made it!"

* Kevin asked me for just a little blurb, but I'm verbose. Anyway, the "Three Hands" site offers some pretty entertaining movie reviews. You may enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE GOING to the EMMYS!! WOW! :)

The Bullards said...

You are so cool. That's all.